[A nice short post] Thoughts on happiness. I refer to happiness in the general sense. For some people, this can mean being content or satisfied.
Simply put, the world is just awesome [I think that Discovery channel has been using this as a slogan]. It is easy to forget this and become complacent. I try to pay attention when I can and revel in the elegance of all that surrounds us.
For example: When I sit in an aircraft, every single time - I look at the wings, these perfectly shaped piece of metal and I am fascinated: a protrusion of the right dimensions can lift us off the ground and we can take flight... how astouding it is that someone figured this out... how much more can we figure out? about everything...
Then I think of birds and I think of nature and just how much more efficient things are in the natural world... and I realise there is so much more cool stuff we have yet to figure out. That makes me really happy. I am in in awe of what exists now and look forward to remaining as such for the rest of my lifetime.
Check this vid out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk
Nice post. And the video was hilarious and I think it should be made mandatory teaching for all kids in school (minus the f words and all :p).
ReplyDeleteThank you keli :)
ReplyDeleteI've made a few changes. Hopefully, it's a little more eloquent.
I agree with you - I think that education should place an emphasis upon the power of perception, the resulting subjective reality and the ability to alter it through one's attitude.